Aromatherapy is an alternative therapy that uses the properties of essential oils, which are extracted from aromatic plants that produce benefits to the body through the perception of smells. Restore the balance and harmony of body and mind for the benefit of our health and beauty. The aromas act in our interior by association of images without the intervention of the conscious part that analyzes everything, that is why aromatherapy is considered: the language of the soul. What our brain perceives through the sense of smell locates it in the area of spiritual perceptions.
What problems can be treated with aromatherapy
The essential oils used in aromatherapy have important antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and fungicidal properties. That is why they are used as complements in treatments in situations of:
- Immune system imbalances: help in the respiratory system infections, and infections.
- Problems in the nervous system: anxiety, depression, tachycardias, emotional imbalances.
- Skin infections: acne scarring processes, psoriasis.
- Stress: helps to lower anxiety levels, insomnia.
- Libido problems: it helps to stimulate even some plants act as aphrodisiacs.
- Aging and dryness of the skin: by having antioxidant properties plants, are used in therapy to help revitalize and rejuvenate the skin, preventing the aging of cells
Some essential oils used in aromatherapy
- Bergamot: Balancing and stimulating. It raises the mood and calms the nerves
- Lavender: harmonizing, purifying sedative and relaxing. Relieves headaches caused by stress, regulates blood pressure.
- Sandalwood: aphrodisiac, relaxing, purifying. Calms the nervous system, relieves emotional problems, prepares for meditation.
- Rosemary: stimulates, relieves rheumatic pains, increases blood circulation. It helps those with low blood pressure.
- Mint: antiseptic, digestive. Very good for treating the flu, it also relaxes and calms the muscles of the stomach.
The aromatherapy session consists of a chart made by the specialist, through questions about the patient’s health status. Make an analysis and based on it recommends the essential oils that are appropriate to the problem. The number of sessions will depend on the patient’s problems. It is a good complement to treat health naturally!